Dual Credit Program
Dual credit provides students with the opportunity to experience a college course while still in high school as well as simultaneously earn high school and college credit for their work. Dual Credit is also one of the options for meeting new state graduation requirements. Both CNM and UNM offer opportunities for dual credit. With dual credit, you will get a jump start on college and earn a degree or certificate faster. Choose from classes available on the college campus or at our school. The Dual Credit Program at CNM is available for high school sophomores, juniors and seniors; students can earn college credit and high school elective credit at the same time. Classes are tuition free and APS pays for your textbooks. When you take a three to four credit hour class at CNM, you also earn one elective credit at your high school. To become a CNM Dual Credit student and to explore more than 100 certificate and degree programs, here’s what you need to do:
- Go to CNM.edu. Click on the “Register" tab at the top of the page and then click on "High School Aged Programs." Fill out the dual credit online application. You will receive a CNM student ID number at the end of the process or one will be sent to you.
- Submit the required signature page at any CNM Admission Office within five business days.
- Transfer your ACT/SAT scores to CNM or take the Accuplacer test (either at CNM or at New Futures). You will need a CNM ID # to take the Accuplacer
- Take your test scores and meet with a CNM academic advisor. To make an appointment with an advisor.
- Complete the online orientation.
- Set up your myCNM account at CNM.edu. Click on "my CNM."
Register for Classes
- Register for classes online through your myCNM account.
- You can get a CNM student identification card at a CNM campus
- See your high school counselor for information about textbooks.
UNM also offers dual credit opportunities. Juniors and seniors may participate in UNM’s program. Tuition and books are covered. For more information on UNM’s Dual Credit Program: