What do we do at Dime Time?
We are a donation based non-profit organization that provides New Futures students with low priced clothing, furniture, and other necessities. Our organization was started by our principal about 10 years and has grown to where we are today.
DimeTime is also a Service Learning course. Students who participate as Dime Time employees gain a real-life entrepreneurial experience.
- Students will know how to correctly fill out a job application, create a resume, and confidently and properly engage in an interview.
- Students will understand various aspects of running a successful retail business such as marketing, management, merchandise pricing, stocking, customer service, maintaining a clean workplace, and resourcing to solicit donations.
- Students will learn to collaborate as a team to determine cost, problem solve, develop policies and procedures.
- Students will improve technical writing skills.
- Students will understand the importance of attendance and attend all classes.